Tuesday 22 January 2013


Driftwood Candle Holder


I love the driftwood candle holders which are made of two or three pieces artistically put together. In fact I did try to make one a few months back but could not get my head around how to hold the pieces together. I just could not get them to stay that way!

Yesterday I decided to give the Candle Holder another go and this time I was successful!

I difference between my failed and successful attempt was the fact that instead of nailing the first two pieces together at just one place, I nailed them at two! This gave the structure sturdiness. Then I added the third leg to make it even more stable and aesthetically more appealing.

Here is the finished piece which I am quite pleased with. This has certainly given me the confidence to attempt more such Candle Holders. Next time I will remember to take and work in progress photos too!

Hazel


No comments:

Post a Comment