Thursday 30 June 2016

Creative workshops 1 and 2.

So I have been quite busy this year and the reason is that I have decided to step out of my comfort zone and engage a bit more with the outside world. I have been meaning to do so since a while but have just been procrastinating! But I am glad that I finally took some steps to change the status quo! In a span of few weeks, I have conducted four creative workshops! In fact two of them on the same day! Each one took a lot of preparation but in the end I am satisfied that they all went off quite well!

The first two were on a Saturday. In the morning I had my daughters birthday party. She had invited 12 girl friends. We had a puppy dog theme as my daughter loves all animals but dogs are her favourite! So besides the puppy dog cake and doggy hot dogs, we also had a dog themed craft! The girls had to collect pebbles from a nearby beach and create dogs on canvas boards. I was really amazed at how creative the children were and how well they did within an hour! Here are some (not all) of their creations!



And here is the birthday cake :)


Birthday Cake number two for the school!


We also had one girl for a sleepover on Friday and two girls for a sleepover on Saturday after the party but that worked out quite well in the end as they kept themselves busy leaving me time to prepare for other things!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the evening I conducted a crafts workshop for the ladies at our church. I had been preparing since weeks for this workshop. We had advertised a maximum of 40 places and I prepared 60 MDF pieces with picture hangers, collected driftwood and pebbles and bought all the material (paint, glue, brushes, glass jars etc.). 

The idea was for the ladies to come and to enjoy a lovely fun-filled evening with canapés, wine and crafts! Initially I was a bit nervous as I have never conducted a workshop of this size but in the end everyone enjoyed themselves thoroughly and so I was pleased that my hard work was worth it! The ladies were no different to the children when it came to making the crafts. Some of them created some seriously good pieces of art!

Here are a couple of photos from the workshop:



I will write about creative workshop 3 and 4 in the next blog post. Till then good bye!


12 comments:

  1. this looks like a fun workshop! that cake looks beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marisa, it was a fun workshop with the children. My daughter said it was the best birthday ever :)

      Delete
  2. I love themed birthday parties!
    What an awesome Mom you are to not only throw the party, but the sleepovers, too! :-)
    Happy Birthday, Amelie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamara! I find themed parties easier to organize and my daughter loves them so it is a win win situation! As about the sleepovers, the girls are older so not too much extra work for me :)

      Delete
  3. Good for you getting out of your comfort zone. It looks like it was loads of fun for children and adults. Great job. The creativity looks like it was flowing. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy, it was fun to make too!

      Delete
  5. Wow, 40 people at a workshop! I can see why you were nervous, but it looks like it went well!

    The dog crafts out of pebbles are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz! The upper limit was 40 ladies but in the end there were 35 as some could not make it at the last minute. For me it was a great experience and helped me better prepare for the workshops 3 and 4. And the children's dog craft - the smiles on their faces were priceless!

      Delete
  6. Yay, another Amelie (good name choice) - I love what you did here with the pebbles, fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment Louise!

      I love the name Amelie and it worked out very well for us as we now live in the french speaking part of Switzerland!

      Delete