Tuesday 14 August 2012

How it all started!

I have always loved handicrafts and have particularly enjoyed watching crafts people doing their thing.

As a kid I would dig up the earth in our back yard, craft human faces out of it, leave them to sun dry, paint and hang my master pieces on the walls.

However studies and then job took precedence with not much time left to indulge in crafts. Despite this I made time to attend pottery and stained glass classes in the evenings. 

Now that I am a full time mum and master of my own will (well, most of the time!) I finally have time to do what I love so much! And now I have a creative partner in crime, my six year old daughter, Amelie, who inspires me and helps me through this journey.

We live in a beautiful village near Lausanne, a minutes walk from Lake Leman. Most days Amelie and I walk by the lake which is like a wonderful ever changing canvas with a breathtaking view of the Alps! Since the past few months we have made our walk even more meaningful as we look around for beach glass, pottery and driftwood. We get all excited when we find a nice piece and there is always a competition between us as to who found the best piece at the end.

The walk and search for our beach 'treasures' is reward enough for us but the fact that we can then make something out of it is the icing on the cake!

Through this blog I intend to share some of our experiments and experiences!

Cheers,

Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment