Thursday 30 June 2016

UpMarket Markets event!

I must begin with a word of apology as this post is long overdue since the UMM event took place in March and now it is June but I will start off at where I left my last post for the sake of continuity!
--------------------
A bit more on the preparations for the UMM in case anyone is wondering about the previous blog post in which I was still wondering about how to transport my art work.

I made a couple of display easels, one large and a smaller one for table top display. I also made a display board,  an MDF board with nails for hanging my artwork. The display turned out to be a life saver in the end because at the venue I found myself without a backing wall (which I had requested in my application) to hang my artwork!

I also converted a couple of  rectangular cardboard boxes into a carry cases. I sectioned them in a way that my artwork could be vertically stacked. This was important because of the limited boot space and this solution worked like a charm!


Large Display Easel


Cardboard box for vertical stacking


Finally a couple of pictures of my table at the UMM. This was the first time I took part in a proper market and it was great fun to meet fellow artists and make new friendships. I got a good response and sold reasonably well! I did loose out some sales due to the lack of a credit card acceptance machine which was sad but overall it was a great experience!






5 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this event - where does it take place?
    I like the stone and wood you used for your art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tamara, the market event takes place twice a year, in March and September. The organisers usually rent a place in Divonne les bains, just across the border in France. Thank you for liking my artwork, I really enjoy making these pieces :) You can see more of my work on Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/hazelliddle/driftwood-glass-and-other-found-objects/ or on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/swissnatureart/.

      Delete
  2. I love these! That stone wave is gorgeous! Looks like it must have taken such time and patience to size and align and afix all of those. Wow. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tara! In fact the stone wave was what drew people most to my table! I have a similar sculpture with a black background which in my opinion looks even better! I don't mind the patience and work required if I like the results :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete